Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Semi-Charmed Book Challenge


I decided to participate in the Semi-Charmed Summer Book Challenge this year.  This is technically the second check in, I totally missed the first.  The books I have read are Bold and the books I plan to read are in Italics:

5 points: Freebie! Read any book that is at least 200 pages long:
Lost and Found by Jacqueline Sheean
  
10 points: Read a book that was written before you were born.
The Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum 

10 points: Finish reading a book you couldn't finish the first time around. (You must have at least 150 pages left in the book to use it for this category.)
The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield

10 points: Read a book from the children’s section of the library or bookstore.
TBD

15 points: Read a book that is on The New York Times' Best Sellers List when you begin reading it:
The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks

15 points:
Read a historical fiction book that does not take place in Europe:  
Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline (USA)

 15 points: Read a book another blogger has already read for the challenge. (Yes, you will have to wait until the first check-in to choose this book! So no one will be able to finish this challenge in only one month; sorry!)
TBD

20 points: Read a book with “son(s),” “daughter(s)” or “child(ren)” in the title.
TBD

20 points: Read a book that was/will be adapted to film in 2014. (Here are 16 ideas to get you started, but I know there are plenty more options.)
Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

25 points: Read a book written by a blogger. (Submitted by Jessica of The Tangerine.)
World of Wanderlust Story by Brook Saward

25 points: Read a biography, autobiography or memoir.
TBD

30 points: Read a pair of books with antonyms in the titles:  
The Lost Wife by Alyson Richman
The Husbands Secret by Liane Moriarty

Points So Far: 55

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome!! I love this idea! I love finding new books to read, and a list is always a girl's best friend :) I'm super late for the challenge but I might steal the idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I loved hearing from you!