The Lost Wife
By: Alyson Richman
Pages: 352
Read: 5/19/14
"In pre-war Prague, the
dreams of two young lovers are shattered when they are separated by the
Nazi invasion. Then, decades later, thousands of miles away in New York,
there's an inescapable glance of recognition between two strangers...
Providence is giving Lenka and Josef one more chance. From the glamorous ease of life in Prague before the Occupation, to the horrors of Nazi Europe, The Lost Wife explores the power of first love, the resilience of the human spirit- and the strength of memory."
Providence is giving Lenka and Josef one more chance. From the glamorous ease of life in Prague before the Occupation, to the horrors of Nazi Europe, The Lost Wife explores the power of first love, the resilience of the human spirit- and the strength of memory."
This book was nothing like what I though it would be and I am 100% OK with that! The Lost Wife is extremely well written and the story and characters are both so compelling - it's so hard not to be drawn to the characters. The setting is also different than most WW2 Nazi settings; I have not yet read a book about WW2 set in a ghetto rather than a concentration camp and it was definitely and interesting perspective. The story is emotional and beautiful and definitely much more than I though it would be. I'm mad for putting off reading it for so long. I definitely recommend this book to anyone but definitely those who love historical fiction set in WW2 (my favorite historical fiction time-period).
I gave this book a 4/5 on my GoodReads.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks! I loved hearing from you!