Sunday, September 11, 2011

9.11.2001

9.11 is a day I will never forget.  I was in my 7th grade social studies class when people began to be called out to go  home.  I knew at that point that something was wrong, but no one would tell us.  It wasn't until I got home that I really understood what was happening.  When I got into my house, my parents were frantic.  My cousin Cindy worked in the towers and we obviously hadn't been able to reach her. To make make a really long story short between the time I got home and the time we heard that Cindy had made it out of the 2nd tower, we got news that two others that we knew were on the 94th floor of the first tower.  Matthew worked in the towers, Mr. Joe was a neighbor of mine and belonged to the same church, he went to NYC once a month for meetings, which happened to fall on 9.11.

RIP
Matthew D Horning


and Joseph V Maggitti


and all others involved in the terrorist attacks on that day.  You will always be remembered.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. This post literally gave me chills. You're family friends are in a better place now, I'm sure you know that. Still a tragedy that their lives were cut short. Sending you warm thoughts!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I loved hearing from you!